Tuesday, December 4, 2007

'Tis the season

"'Almighty God' sentenced to prison".

Not quite related to alarmists' "WAR ON CHRISTMAS," but the headline is just as funny (for everyone but "Almighty," of course).
...
I say that the "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" is funny because one single look out your window can inform you that Christmas is doing pretty well, thank you very much.

All the commercial and "Happy Holidays" stuff notwithstanding, it's not like Old Navy or Target have lost their spirituality, since they have none.

How do I know that Christmas is doing well?

Because of all the area services and holiday events piling up on my desk, not to mention the Freeman's upcoming annual Holiday Lights Tour.
...
Before I forget, Happy Hanukkah to my chosen friends, who tonight begin commemorating the rededication of the Temple by the Maccabees after their victory over the Syrians.

How does that translate into gambling with dreidels and eight days of lights is as weird to me as a fat man coming down your chimney because Jesus was born.

We are a weird species, indeed.

So in case I haven't offended you yet:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

HO! HO! HO!